This nutrient packed meal is not only cleansing and fiber filled it's also super yummy! I know I know, cauliflower "rice"? I was a bit skeptical but the first bite sold me. I promise you won't be disappointed with with recipe I discovered from WholeLiving.com. So next time you're in the mood for a plant packed healthy meal! Serve this baby up!
Cauliflower "Rice" Stir Fry
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp coconut or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced red onion, divided
- 4 minced cloves garlic, divided
- Coarse salt
- veggie broth
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 thinly sliced small red chile
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 julienned large carrot
- 1/2 diced (stemmed, seeded) red bell pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
What to do:
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 sliced red onion and 2 minced cloves garlic and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add cauliflower and season with coarse salt. Stir in Cleansing Broth and steam, covered, until broth has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Wipe pan and heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 sliced red onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add 2 minced cloves garlic, ginger, and chile and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli florets, carrot, and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- For each serving, top cauliflower with vegetables and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds and 1 Tbsp cilantro.
Let me know what you think! Leave a comment below. Is cauliflower "rice" too crazy for you or is it just the right amount of crazy?!