PS—They taste like Chocolate cake.
I’m a mom on the go and I find myself on a perpetual quest to find healthy snacks that keep me fueled. If you’ve ever purchased protein bars at the store you’ll find that:
1- They can be a tad bit pricey
2- They tend to be chalked full of SUGAR!
In search for a healthy, yummy, protein packed addition to my snack repertoire I discovered a fantastic recipe for Chocolate Protein Bars from fitness enthusiast Jamie Eason!! AND they taste like cake! I’ve made a few adaptations from the original recipe like applesauce instead of berry baby food and vegan protein powder instead of whey as well as a little less Truvia (a mostly Stevia based sugar substitute). I do believe you’re going to make these little gems more than once!
So here you go Mama’s! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scoops vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I love Sun Warrior Brand)
- 1/3 cup Truvia
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8oz unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp baking cocoa
- 4oz water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Truvia, Apple Sauce, Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Grease baking dish with coconut oil and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven.
Makes 16 squares, serving size=2 bars.
Just wrap those babies up and toss them in the fridge for future grab and go snacks! YUMMY!!