Have you ever followed a recipe only to figure out at the very end you accidentally left out one of the main ingredients? What happens? You don’t get very good results, right? (takeout anyone?) This is exactly what happens when we have a workout routine that is missing some key components.
In my work I have met many women who seem to focus on one aspect of fitness really well, and then ignore the others completely. I’ve met runners that only run, yogis that only practice yoga and body builders that only lift. These same women are frustrated that even though they spend hours working out they still aren’t very excited with how their body looks. A well-rounded fitness program can change your body and vastly improve your main fitness focus. When all the ingredients are included the results are inspiring!
While working with tons of mama’s I’ve uncovered the 5 ingredients that will empower you to achieve a body that is strong, fit and fine. Here they are ladies!
- Corrective Movement and Posture- Pregnancy and birth do a number on our bodies and create major muscle imbalances. We need to fix these imbalances with corrective exercises and monitor our posture in all our movement. Ever walked past a mirror and thought to yourself, “Quasimodo might not be that hard to pull off next Halloween.” I’m all for fun costumes, but come on ladies. For serious!
- Core Rehab- After giving birth our core has been completely compromised. You may feel squishy, flabby and poochy. Your back may ache and a lot of the time there can be a severe separation of the abdominal muscles. This cannot be solved with crunches! There are specific movements that can help you get your core back in shape! PS- My 12 week program offers specific advice on Mama Core curriculum! If you’re interested Please check it out @ MightyMamaFitness.com. (COMING SOON!)
- Strength Training- And I don’t mean w/ 3lb baby weights! Mama’s need to have powerful bodies because we ask so much of them on a daily basis. Rule of thumb: Choose a weight that allows you to complete all the reps intended for a set, but the last rep or two you should start to struggle or slow significantly.
- Fat-burning Cardio- High Intensity Cardio kicks booty! (and also shrinks it!) You can burn just as many calories in one 20 min. workout as you can in a 45min-1hr moderate run. Why the heck wouldn’t you! They’re fun too!
- Real Food Nourishment- Our bodies run smoother, burn calories more efficiently, and have stronger immune systems when we fuel it with a diet that is clean and real. Feed the Mighty Mama Machine! You will feel and look amazing! Heck yeah!
So remember Mamas, nobody wants to go through all that work only to discover that a few left out ingredients is ruining your end results. Sadly that new Chinese restaurant down the street isn’t going to have what your looking for on the menu. Make it mighty, mama!